Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving part 2

Well hopefully this post will post instead of getting lost in the unknown corners of blogger universe. Yes my friends, I am actually in a good mood for once! It is always amazing to be woken up by the flower delivery person. Even if the flowers are from your Grandparents instead of your husband :) My grandma had a beautiful centerpiece delivered this morning for my table for tomorrow. Isn't it nice to know people are thinking about you? It made me smile, even tho it woke me up about a hour before I wanted to be up...

Yesterday was possibly one of the top five most boring days in my life. I probably should have done some lesson planning or something but instead I spent all seven hours of my work day on the interweb. And trust me, there isn't seven hours worth of stuff to do on the interweb when you are blocked from blogging, myspace, yahoo games, and anything with the word "sex" in it. So...I played a lot of free online games, read some blogs, emailed...but at least it was my last day of work for the week and I didn't have to deal with my little darlings.

Had happy hour with Michelle last night. It was really nice to meet her. Hope I didn't scare her off with my 50mph speaking about random topics including babies. Seriously? Who talks about babies the first time they meet someone? Apparently I do. I'll post about my "baby" issues later. Because apparently I have some. Umm....after happy hour I cranked up the ITunes and did a pretty thorough cleaning of the kitchen including mopping. Today I will swiffer and vaccum the rest of the house and pick up clean up. Probably fold some laundry while I watch reruns of ER and Law and Order.

And I want to apologize (I picked up a new reader! I'm up to three! Yay (OK dorkdom moment over)) b/c I've been really whiney lately. And last night as I was thinking about what to write about I realized that I have a pretty boring life, but that's a good thing. That means we are stable and happy. I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband who puts up with me when no one else has (literally, I've never had a friend as long as I've had Noah), a beautiful house in a great location, a good job that pays well, and family and friends (yay for new friends) who care about me. I'm really grateful for my life. There are people like my grandmother who I wish was here to share in Thanksgiving lunch with us, but I know she's watching me and I hope she's proud of me.

Anywho...I'm going to make a point to be more upbeat in my blogs. But a disclaimer must be stated. I never actually thought anyone would read my blog or I would have made one in the beginning. My husband has some issues with staying happy, so I feel like I have to be the happy, optimist in our relationship. It's hard for me to feel like I can vent and be unhappy around him b/c of the way it affects him. I've found that some of my friends took my whiney, unhappy me comments in the wrong manner and are not my friends anymore b/c they said I bitch too much...So I created this blog as a place to vent and be unhappy me. But now I have people reading it and I realize that you all don't want to read blogs from whiney me all the time so...I'm going to limit them. I'm going to try, really I am.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Michelle and the City said...

here's to new friends! :)

it was so good to meet you yesterday and no, i don't think you're crazy for talking about babies. lol

Miriam said...

I'm still jealous that you got to meet Michelle. I'm going to pout now :)


http://lspoon.wordpress.com