Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Weeel....

Well, I'm not really sure what to say here. I feel like I just need an outlet for my daily frustrations.

Right now I'm pretty frustrated with some people who I thought were my friends. For over two years, might I add. They are a few years older than we are and decided to have a child. More power to them. That's not for me right now. I'm a teacher and I deal with children all day long. I'm also a coach so I deal with them on the weekends too. I love kids. But when I go home, I want to go home to a fairly quiet house where just me, my husband, our dog, cat, and a few different fish reside. I want to be selfish and buy the new car/furniture/vacation/etc. that I want and not be focused entirely on a child. What I don't understand is why they all of a sudden completely changed who they are b/c they now have a child. Having a child doesn't change your personality. It definitely shouldn't change your friendships. I don't understand it. They want ME to change b/c THEY chose to have a child. I'm sorry, I'm not going to do that. And now they think if they send my husband emails about me, that he's going to decide to still be friends with them and hang out with them and their child (my husband hates kids) without me. They are really wrong. All they are doing is making him mad and upsetting him and pushing him away from them. They obviously know nothing about him. Ugh. I just don't get it. This experience is making it really hard for me to convince my husband to have children some day. They have both completely changed over this child and now my husband thinks that is the norm and it's not. You don't have to stop being friends with everyone else, quit your job, and become a hermit just because you have a child. And, I have to say it, they aren't anything special. People all over the world have children every single day. Nothing big and amazing happened here. They were only trying to have a child for five days before she got pregnant. Whoopdy doo. Good for you. It just really hurts when you think someone is your friend for over two years, and then they decide to tell your husband that, "to be honest, Kari makes us uncomfortable, but we still want to be friends with you." Give me a break. Now who's selfish?

No comments: