Friday, February 1, 2008

Er Duh Moment

See...as soon as I walked away from the computer I remember what I wanted to blog about in the first place!

I cut my hair last week. I'm waiting on my photographer husband to take a decent picture so I can post it. BUT I love it! (It does seem to be the time for hair cutting doesn't it?)

And I caught up on my google reader. And a side note, since I've started using google reader I have to admit that I've commented less. Please don't think less of me. I just have been super busy with the 3, yes 3, jobs I've been working lately and the bowling league (I LOVE bowling) that I don't have time to go to everyone's blog. But I'm reading you! I promise!

And I finally found wonderful wine goblets that didn't cost $6 per glass and match my dishes! Now let's hope that Noah likes them!

While I'm on the subject of Noah, if you've been reading me for awhile you know we've had our rocky moments. And I blogged about them. And then never went back and re-visited them. I've had several emails wondering what happened and what's come about and really? The answer is nothing. I love him. He's my husband. I don't plan on ever getting a divorce unless he does something unforgivable (and yes, I have three or four things that fall under unforgivable). We're working through things. My baby fever has subsided. I think when I went off birth control, things got a little nutty. But I'm happy to say that I am happier than I've ever been the whole 8 years I was on birth control. The mood swings have declined. I'm not breaking out like I was afraid I would. A couple negatives are: I got cramps for the first time in 8 years and LORDY I forgot what they were like! And I bloat more around that wonderful time of the month now. But the benefits WAY outweigh the negatives that were going on so...I'm a pretty happy camper on that front. Noah and I have had some serious talks about kids lately and about our lifestyle. We have a ton of debt, we just bought a house, and the future of our country's economics aren't looking so great for selling our house anytime in the near future. I've realize that I'm not ready to be a mommy, and that if we wait too long and I can't ever be a mom, I will be OK. I don't need to panic or rush. I fully believe in a higher power and I know that when the time is right, we will. Or we wont. And if we don't, it wasn't meant to be. We have recently decided though, that in the next couple of years we want to be foster parents. There are so many kids out there who need love and it feels like the right thing for us to do. So...we're going to keep being married, keep loving each other, keep working on the house and our ever present pile of debt and....what happens is what happens. I am a SEVERE worrier and I'm trying (with the help of an occasional glass of wine) to let things go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so a few comments (sorry if this is long)

1. 3 jobs?!?! WOW! I'm impressed!!!
2. I got all excited when you said you bowled because I love bowling but never go (except for Wii bowling, at which I totally rock) - but then I remembered I don't know you IRL and you don't even live near me, so now I'm kind of sad :(
3. While I haven't been reading you for all that long, so haven't read those posts on your marital stresses/problems, I am a) glad that you are working through them and happier now, and b) acknowledging that marriage can be a struggle sometimes and isn't always rainbows-and-unicorns-etc ... I know that mine certainly isn't, and it's so nice to hear other people acknowledge it, too.
4.Cramps suck, don't they? Mine are awful whenever I go off birth control, so I feel you on this one...
and 5. It's amazing that you are going to be foster parents! That's awesome!!!

And while I am sure I could say more, well, that's enough for now, no? :)

Donna said...

Kids are a huge responsibility.
Marriage is a huge responsibility.
The two together can create some interesting times.
I don't know what kind of problems you were having, but I'm glad you're working through them. Our relationship took the hardest hit after having kids and we joked about having affairs. (We would never do that) It was a way to communicate our frustrations. However corny it sounds, Calvin is my soul mate. I could never find a guy as good to me as he is. After ten years, might as well keep him around.

A Lil' Irish Lass said...

So glad things are going well with you and Noah. Any relationship, especially a marriage, is so much work. You both are working on it and that is the recipe to success.

Anonymous said...

I think it was just a funk with the going off of birth control. That stuff messes with us more than we want to acknowledge :) I'm glad things are getting better.

Anonymous said...

All of the grown-up things like debt and houses and marriage and whatnot - are HUGE stressors. It sounds like you guys have a wonderfully happy balance, and your future will come in time, when you're both ready. And I applaud you for wanting to be foster parents. What an incredible gift you're giving!

Lisa said...

The less I comment the more I read... so I'm finding that I comment less and less... I think people get it. They know I'm around if I just comment every so often. People, I'm still reading you!

Princess Pointful said...

Glad that you & your man are still going strong. It is sometimes hard when you read back on stuff, because I know sometimes I feel as if I only write about the negative (not saying you do this-- I just know I do at times!), and this results in people getting the wrong impression of me and my life.